Last Updated: Monday 8th May 2023
2. Personal Information We Collect
2.1. We may collect personal information about you and your pet when you use our website and services, including but not limited to:
• Your name, address, phone number, Emirates ID / passport details, and email address;
• Your pet’s name, breed, age, and any special requirements;
• Information about your pet’s health and medical history;
• Payment information, such as your credit card details; and
• Information about your use of our website and services, such as your browsing history and IP address.
We may collect this information directly from you, or from third-party sources such as veterinary clinics or pet stores.
We do not automatically collect information about you through our website however, like all websites, our servers do collect certain information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic, the type of browser you use, the operating system, your location, and domain name of your internet service provider. This data does not reveal your personal identity to us.
3. Use of Personal Information
3.1. We may use personal information about you and your pet for the following purposes:
• To provide and manage our pet grooming and day care services;
• To communicate with you about your pet's grooming and day care needs;
• To process payment for our services;
• To improve our website and services;
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
• Marketing and promotional purposes.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1. We may disclose personal information about you and your pet to the following types of third parties:
• Service providers, such as our payment processor or IT support provider, who help us to provide our services;
• Regulatory authorities, such as veterinary authorities or local government agencies, as required by law; and
• Law enforcement agencies or other parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety, or the safety of others.
5. Security of Personal Information
5.1. We take reasonable measures to protect personal information about you and your pet from loss, theft, unauthorised access, and misuse. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
5.2 We shall secure your personal information electronically on our server which will have up to date anti-virus software and cyber security protocols to prevent unauthorised access. In the unfortunate event that there has been a data breach, we shall notify you as soon as practicable in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations.
6. Retention of Personal Information
6.1. We will retain personal information about you and your pet for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. After this time, we will securely destroy or anonymise the information.
7. Your Rights
7.1. Pawsome Friends DMCC fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and the UAE’s Federal Decree Law No. 45 of 2021 on Personal Data Protection (PDPL).
7.2 You have the right to access, correct, or delete personal information about you and your pet that we hold. You also have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your personal information, and to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, machine-readable format. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. Such request may be subject to an administrative cost if deemed appropriate.
9. Contact Us